Monday, April 23, 2012

Sea World or Universal Studios?

Here%26#39;s the deal. I%26#39;m going up to LA/San Diego for a long weekend in a few weeks. We only have time to go to one amusement park. I%26#39;ve been to Disneyland about 5 times in my life, so I%26#39;ve bypassed wanting to go there. Now, my tough decision is between Sea World and Universal Studios. Sea World, I%26#39;ve been to twice, but when I was young. Universal Studios, I%26#39;ve been to once when I was young. I%26#39;m 21 years old....which do you think is better? I%26#39;m a huge animal lover, and I love ocean life, so Sea World seems good. Also, I%26#39;m interested in sharks, and the Wild Arctic exibit (is this any good?). Do they have several rides there to choose from? Universal Studios seems like it has more rides. I tend to be a rollercoaster fan. So........I%26#39;d really appreciate any advice, or to hear of your personal preferences! I%26#39;m just torn between the two!



-Thanks!-



Sea World or Universal Studios?




Don%26#39;t forget about Pacific Aquarium in Long Beach. I was there in July and was impressed. There were sharks (petting pools) seals, and numerous aquatic exihbits, I mentioned it because Long Beach is nearby and you could fit the both of them in. Long Beach aquarium is located in an upstart area with plenty of new shopping, resteraunts etc. Give it a look -its just one example of ideas of what to do etc...



Sea World or Universal Studios?


magic mountain is best for roller coasters. but you%26#39;d need a car to get there. not sure if you%26#39;ll have one.





just giving you another option.




Well, here%26#39;s my 2 cents. Neither of these destinations really have rides in the traditional sense of the word. No roller coasters or anything like that. I%26#39;d pick Universal Studio%26#39;s in a heart beat. If it has been years since you%26#39;ve been there, then you%26#39;ll be surprised at the changes. Also, the area around Universal Studios, the CityWalk, is a pretty cool destination all by itself. Lots of shopping and restaurants.




Sea World has all the great ocean life you speak of. They have recently added ';Journey to Atlantis'; a roller coaster water ride similar to, but better than Splash Mountain at Disney. The only other ';ride'; is Shipwreck Rapids which is a mock river rapids ride. You get wet on both. This is a great park, but not to be confused with an amusement park. I%26#39;d vote for this one personally. That said, Universal is a great amusement park - in my opinion the best in LA/OC/SD area; but a terrible drive if you stay anywhere but nearby. Magic Mountain/Six Flags in Valencia is THE place for true roller coaster fans. I%26#39;ve been to all of these in the last year, and you%26#39;ll probably enjoy any of the 3. Be sure to check out discounts online before you go. AAA has the best deal for Sea World. Coca Cola has a promo for Magic Mountain right now.




I%26#39;ve been to Magic Mountain a few times and loved it. Unfortunately, we won%26#39;t get down around there. I think we%26#39;ve decided to go to Sea World. My brother lives in L.A., so it gives us a reason to go up there every 6 months or so. Maybe next time, we%26#39;ll go to Universal Studios.


  • mask making
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment