Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hotels in San Fran

I will be staying San Fran 16-19/09/05. I have a budget of about $100 -$125. I would like to stay some near Union Sq. Can any one recomend a decent hotel. Alot seem to be booked up already. I am more concerned about cleanliness and location.





Also would like any advice on what to do in my few and days and finally advice on places to park my car. thx



Hotels in San Fran


Your dates fall over a very busy convention period. It is going to be very difficult to find a room in the Union Square area, let alone in your budget. Good luck.



Hotels in San Fran


Yeah, I just did a quick search on your dates. Everything is sold out for that price range. I did see a place called the Greenwich Inn in the Marina District. The reviews look fine. It%26#39;s not in Union Square but if your budget is a concern, Hotelres.com has rates for $69 and it includes free parking.





I%26#39;ve never been there, so I can%26#39;t personally recommend it.





Here%26#39;s more info:



http://www.greenwichinn.com/sfa.html







Otherwise you%26#39;ll have to up your budget to $150+ and plan $20-$30 a day for parking for anything in Union Square those dates.




Advice on parking your car: Don%26#39;t get a car. If you actually get a place in Union Square area, you won%26#39;t need a car. You can rent a car for a day if you go out of town, such as wine country or Monterey. Parking will blow your budget out, anyway. If you do get a place at a motor lodge along Van Ness or Lombard streets, you should be able to get free parking with your room.




Try bidding on Priceline.com or Hotwire.com. Take a look at www.biddingfortravel.com to research how these sights work if you%26#39;re not familiar with them. This site also has info on what hotels are being sold on priceline and for how much.



If you bid on a 4 star (4*) property in Union Square East (USE) or West (USW) you can%26#39;t go wrong.



Hope this helps TJ




I know it%26#39;s not the same as staying in the city, but the El Rancho Inn in Millbrae is a nice, clean place with free parking and the rates are very good. It%26#39;s close enough to the city to allow you to spend the whole day and evening in SF and get back to your hotel easily for the night. Just in case you can%26#39;t find something in SF . . .




Just got back from a trip to California with my husband and three kids. We stayed at a clean, reasonable motel on Lombard STreet. It has free parking and right on a bus line that took us everywhere we wanted to go. The place is the Coventry Motor Inn. It%26#39;s in a nice neighborhood with restaurants nearby.




Thanks for the Tips And the info on why everywhere is booked up!





I managed to get the last room at the Uniton Sq Plaza Hotel just off Union Square. I%26#39;m just hoping it is clean and the area is ok. Can anybody tell me??





Also I will be stopping for 3 nights, what are the major attractions or must do%26#39;s apart from alkatraz.




I just did a site inspection at the Union Square Plaza a few days ago. The location is not bad. The hotel is 1 star. Decorated like a cheap motel, simple and with signs of wear and tear. Nothing unbearable to me and I would stay there if I were in the same situation. It is a 1 star and that%26#39;s what you%26#39;re getting. As long as you understand that, it%26#39;s fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment