Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dr Phil Show - Worth It?

I am thinking of taking in a Dr Phil show when in LA next month. If you%26#39;ve been to a show or have any other details that are helpful I%26#39;d love to hear from you.





Thanks in advance =)



Dr Phil Show - Worth It?


I%26#39;m actually going to a taping tomorrow . I requested tickets through the Dr. Phil web site in July and was called at my home a month later asking me which of 3 dates I wanted to go (a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday). There are two tape times, 8:30am and 11:30 am and was told to be at the studio one hour ahead of time. I assume there will no-shows, so you could very possibly get in without a reservation, but that means you%26#39;ll have to spend some time waiting around with no guarantee. I think the David Letterman show works the same way.



Dr Phil Show - Worth It?


Thanks, If you could let me know how you liked it that would be great. Thanks =)




My wife went with her gym group a few months ago. They had areally good time.She was glad she went. Hope this help you a little.




As a veteran of scores of shows I can tell you that a ticket only allows you to stand in line. After that it is first come, first served. They issue MANY more ticket than the studio will hold to ensure that it is filled. If you arrive early someone in line will be sure to have an extra ticket.




Thanks everyone.....sounds like its abit of fun, minus the waiting in line of course...




Hey Serendipity -- I%26#39;m back with a first-hand report of the show. The short answer is, yes, it%26#39;s worth it. There%26#39;s a lot of waiting around until you finally get into the studio, but if you%26#39;re a Dr. Phil fan, the experience of seeing him live will not disappoint.





I%26#39;m not sure if you%26#39;ll be able to get on the VIP list to get into the show next month. Everyone there had a reservation, and any overbooked people were steered to another show on the Paramount lot. Contrary to some other shows, you cannot just show up at the door and think you%26#39;ll get in.





If you have any other specific questions, I%26#39;ll be checking back here.




Thanks Mazz,





Do they give anything away at the shows (like cars..jk) is there like gift shops or anything like that? What about location -is there somewhere to eat after/before the show? Shopping etc in walking distance?





Thanks for your reply.




At this particular show, all that was given out was coffee mugs and books to a few select people in the audience.





There is a lovely area just southwest of the studio (10 minute walk) called Larchmont Village which not a lot of people - even Anglenos - seem to be aware of. There are lots of trendy shops and restaurants.




Thanks for your advice =)

No comments:

Post a Comment