Wednesday, April 25, 2012

should I take the bart from the airport to my hotel or a...

Thank you everyone for helping me with my cusine questions. They have been very helpful I am now twice as excited to go to SF knowing that I have the inside scoop on all the good places. There will be more questions to follow. Should I ,my wife and our two friends take a cab from the SFO airport to our hotel or the Bart can you tell me why. I Will be staying at handlery square hotel. we will be bringing carry on only and how far is the bart from our hotel. last what does bart mean I assume it is the public transportaion system out there. thank you



should I take the bart from the airport to my hotel or a...


Take BART. It%26#39;ll take you about a 陆 hour and it%26#39;ll cost $4.95 per person. Your hotel is about three short blocks from the Powell Street Station. After you get off BART, just walk north on Powell Street (where the cable car runs) and make a left onto Geary Street and your hotel will be there. And BART stands for Bay Area Rapid Transit.



should I take the bart from the airport to my hotel or a...


Thank you for your help rs




BART will cost you about half of what a cab will, even with the four of you.





It%26#39;s a two-step process:



1) At the airport, look for signs for the AirTrain (it will also have the words, BART, too). The AirTrain will take you to the BART station, just off site a bit. It goes other places around the airport, too, so watch for the BART exit.





2) Take a Richmond or Pittsburg-Baypointe train, which goes toward downtown SF. You don%26#39;t want Millbrae.



a) To buy a ticket, look at the signs next to the ticket machine. Their machines accepts cash and credit cards.



b) Fare information is also posted. If you think you%26#39;ll be using BART during your stay, you can always overpay your fare and use the value for subsequent rides.





3) Questions about frequency of schedule, etc.? See www.bart.gov




thank you btb




thank you btb




A better question to answer first is do you value time or money?





BART will cost $20 for 4, Taxi will be @ $40 with tip.





It will take you 5 min to take the SFO tram to BART, plus avg. 10 min waiting time, plus 35 min on BART to Powell St, plus walking to the hotel. Total trip time is 1 hour.





Taxi will take you 20 minutes door-to-door unless it is rush hour in which case it might be 30-35 min. Plus no schlepping luggage up from bart (escalators don%26#39;t always work).





If you want to save $20 go with bart (that%26#39;s what I do). If you want to save the hassle of schlepping luggage on public transit and dealing with buying tickets, etc. then go with the taxi. With 4 people it%26#39;s only an extra $10 per couple which won%26#39;t even buy you 2 beers here.




wow great info thanks bxo

No comments:

Post a Comment