Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Message for Katsie!

Katsie - for future reference, could you please let us know what sort of a deal you get with allstatescarhire.com





Thanks!



Message for Katsie!


Hi Katsie,



I have a question for you too, also relating to the car hire.



I%26#39;m still waiting for them to reply to my e-mail regarding a possible charge for a one way hire. Are you taking a one way hire and if so are you being charged a fee for doing so? Did you just use the e-mail address on their web-site?



Thanks



Kiwi





To mfi,



Allstates charges are way cheaper than anywhere else I%26#39;ve searched and I%26#39;ve spent hours and hours trying to find the best deal. I just want to know about the one way fee which they say they %26#39;may%26#39; charge. Without the one way charge they are about NZ$200 cheaper for a SUV for a week than anyone else, even with all the insurances and taxes. Hope this helps, and I%26#39;m sure Katsie will be able to add more.



Message for Katsie!


Katsie,



I also meant to ask, am I reading the small print correctly, that they send you a voucher, (post or courier?) and that your e-mail print out is not enough to pick the car up?



If they don%26#39;t answer my e-mail soon there%26#39;s not going to be enough time for them to send us a voucher! How long did yours take from when you booked?



Thanks for your help.




How nice to see %26#39;message for Katsie%26#39;!!! Quite thrilling.





To answer your Questions, I am not an expert , but allstates say that if pick up and drop off are in the same state there is no extra charge. Your emailed voucher is all you use. No courier and snail mail stuff. They answered my emails really quickly(within hours!) You might check that you sent your email address correctly. I sometimes switch two letters if I%26#39;m in a hurry and my typing is SLOW. With a daybreak phone card the calling rate to the UK is so cheap, their number from here is 0011 44 845 408 1481 . I am going to charge them a commission after this! Hope it helps. I am going to visit in Sydney on Fathers day weekend! I love it.




Hi All,





In reference to AllStates, I emailed them back in July with a couple of questions, one being one way drop off charge. Another being the cost of a tank of petrol if we take the cheaper insurance option.





There was also something in their fine print about ';own negligence'; not being covered under their insurance.





This is their reply-







Thank you for your recent E-mail. I can confirm that own negligence is caused by driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you will most likely be charged about $50.00 for the petrol and there is no one way rental charge.





Many Thanks,







Sarah,



Reservations Team,



www.allstatescarhire.com







hope this helps!




Hi All,





In reference to AllStates, I emailed them back in July with a couple of questions, one being one way drop off charge. Another being the cost of a tank of petrol if we take the cheaper insurance option.





There was also something in their fine print about ';own negligence'; not being covered under their insurance.





This is their reply-







Thank you for your recent E-mail. I can confirm that own negligence is caused by driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you will most likely be charged about $50.00 for the petrol and there is no one way rental charge.





Many Thanks,







Sarah,



Reservations Team,



www.allstatescarhire.com







hope this helps!




Not sure why I keep posting twice!!





Sorry




I finally heard back from them overnight, and they said there would be no one way charge from LA to SF as we%26#39;re dropping off in the same state.



I tried every other rental company in existance (I think!) and some wanted to charge US$200 for one way hire.



The most expensive price we had for a 4X4 for one week was over US$300 more than what we%26#39;re paying through AllStates!!




mfj





I am paying $539aud or 226 pounds for an intermediate 4 door car for 13 days all inclusive. the silver option. The travel agent here could only get me aud$900 as the best rate. Quite a difference. fifteen 02 was also about a $100 more.





When are you going?





regards





Katsie




Hi Katsie!





That%26#39;s very good! What car rental firm?





We%26#39;re not sure when we%26#39;re going - anytime between November and April. We%26#39;ve got a lot happening in our lives at the moment, but as soon as we see that window, we%26#39;re outta here.





It can%26#39;t come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment