Monday, April 23, 2012

motel question

Hey everyone,





I found a really good motel deal in the downtown section. It is the Verona on Leavenworth street. I have read a review somewhere that it is a bad street. Can anyone please tell me if its a really bad street, especially if we come back late at night? Thanks in advance!



motel question


You dont want to stay there. Trust me.





Reads the review of the place here on Trip Advisor. The description of the neighberhood is right on



motel question


you would never forgive us if you stayed there.




I would vote ';no'; also. Remember the old saying....you get what you pay for! Sometimes you pay too much for just an adequate room, but it appears with this particular hotel you%26#39;d be paying little for a barely adequate room. It%26#39;s also in a pretty bad neighborhood that I wouldn%26#39;t necessarily walk through during the day, let alone after dark.





If you%26#39;re trying to save money, I would check out one of the ';motor inn%26#39;s';, such as the Buena Vista Motor Inn, on Lombard St. While these hotels are further away from Union Square, you%26#39;ll get a quality room for a decent price. And if you have a rental car, these hotels usually offer free parking unlike the hotels in downtown.




It%26#39;s a bad area, particularly late at night, and, based on the location and the review, I would not stay there. Sometimes a low price is not a bargain. For a better deal, try www.priceline.com and bid the same amount, then, if your bid is rejected, try 3 days later at a higher bid.




Thanks for the info everyone. I%26#39;m glad I asked before going ahead with the reservations!

No comments:

Post a Comment