Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Staying right in Hollywood???

We stay in a lot of Marriotts, my husband has a lot of points there!





I found a beautiful sounding Renaissance on Trip Advisor in Hollywood right across from Mann%26#39;s Chinese Theatre. My older daughter is in to Theatre, hollywood, actors, etc. and would love that environment. In pages on reviews I only saw one bad one!





However, my husband is nervous about staying in this area? Is it seedy? Is it safe? Is it nice? What about venturing out to eat dinner at night?





Thanks!



Staying right in Hollywood???


I%26#39;ve stayed in Hollywood to attend a convention at that Renaissance in 2003. It%26#39;s gorgeous. The pool, the bar, the lobby.... Very stylish and quite nice. I stayed at the Roosevelt, a charming old hotel on Hollywood about a half block away, so was walking around quite a bit. I didnt have a problem at all with it. The Hollywood %26amp;bHigheland shopping center right next to Renaissance, at the corner of Hollywood and Highland, is a trip. ';Over the top,'; was my first thought when I saw it. That was quickly followed by, ';I want to go there!'; I spent a pleasant afternoon doing just that.





I also saw the Producers at the theater down the street (OK, way down the street). I wouldn%26#39;t have walked simply because of the distance, but would have felt comfortable checking out the clubs and restaurants along there if I had been walking...





The edginess of the neighborhood has its benefits. Walk down Hollywood a ways and you can find an inexpensive Vietnamese-run place to get a manicure and pedicure. And along the way you can read the names of the stars.





Anyway, I just looked at the Renaissance%26#39;s site and it%26#39;s very evocative of the vibe you%26#39;ll find there:



www.renaissancehollywood.com/intro.html



Staying right in Hollywood???


Better than bings--thanks for your help!




it%26#39;s fine, but you will see some weirdos (me) and maybe homeless people. it%26#39;s not glamorous or anything, but the location is great. the hotel is very nice.




iluvkimi,





Is it safe to venture out at night? Any streets to avoid?





Any restaurants you recommend near there?





How far is Rodeo drive and what%26#39;s the best way to get there?





Thanks




it is safe at night, there are many tourists and people walking about everywhere. i suppose if you walked pretty far east it can get kind of sketchy, but that would be a long walk and i don%26#39;t know why you%26#39;d be doing that anyway.





there are many restaurants in that area. the hollywood and highland complex alone has several. not sure what your tastes are.





beverly hills is probably about 15-20 minutes by car.




I forgot to mention in that other thread of yours that you will most likely not see any ';stars'; wandering around that neighborhood. There are restaurants near your hotel where you might catch a celeb or two, but they are pricey and I don%26#39;t know your budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment