Monday, April 23, 2012

Getting into bars/clubs in LA

Can anyone tell me - can normal people get into places like The Viper Room or the Sky Bar? And are they fun if you do?

We really want to get dressed up and drink at some cool LA bars, but not if the staff act like they%26#39;re doing us a favour by letting us in!

Any thoughts....? Or other places we should try

Getting into bars/clubs in LA

I%26#39;ve lived here for years and, just recently, got to go one of the ';in'; places on the Sunset Strip. My friend was visiting and stayed at the Argyle and had passes to the club next door (sorry, can%26#39;t remember the name but there are always tons of people waiting in line). We got to go to the front of the very long line, and got in free.

Here are my observations:

1. One of the ugliest clubs I%26#39;ve ever been in.

2. Security people with attitude

3. Ridiculously-priced drinks.

4. Expensively-dressed patrons but without any ';life'; in them.

5. Sound system that sounded like a car radio from a 57 Chevy

After 40 minutes, we left. Had we paid for admission, the 45 minutes would%26#39;ve cost us:

a. $18 to park my car

b. $20 x 2 for the admissions

c. $16 for the drinks plus $3 tip

Grand total: $77 !!

Afterward, we two straight men drove a few blocks to Santa Monica Bl and San Vicente, parked for free, paid $5 to get into Rage, the gay dance club, paid less for drinks, enjoyed MUCH BETTER MUSIC in a 2-level club with great energy -- and LOTS OF WOMEN (who didn%26#39;t look like they only come out in the evening). My friend summarized the evening as follows: ';I felt much more welcome at the gay bar and the drinks and music were better';)

Getting into bars/clubs in LA

The only cool place on Sunset I have been was the key club, and I live here in LA, for as long as I remember, The Key club was pretty cool, they had a live band and in the lower level we saw a really great band, Pastilla, and Cabula, who are bith on myspace, it was pretty expensive, 10 buck parking, 10 at the door, drinks like 6 to 7 bucks, so i spent like 35 bucks cause i went with my friend!! But try the little cave or the chalet in highland park, not far from the downtown area, they are super cool!!


Thanks both - sadly what I expected!

I%26#39;d heard the chalet might be a good bet so we%26#39;ll try it.

Cheers

  • bulldog for sale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment