Saturday, April 21, 2012

Summer Inn at UCSB?

Anyone ever stayed at the Summer Inn on the campus of UC Santa Barbara? summerinnsantabarbara.com/accommodations.html





Summer Inn at UCSB?


It is a really neat seasonal inn that is located in newly completed halls - literally steps from the beach! We stayed there last summer and loved it! I hear that it is a great place to hold reunions and even wedding parties!



I heard about it through the Family Vacation Center - I have some friends that have attended the family camp.



I definitely give it two thumbs up!



Summer Inn at UCSB?


Are the accomodations nice at the family vacation center?





And I%26#39;m wondering if there are tvs in the room.





What were the ages of your kids?





thanks!




We just got back. Our favorite family vacation of all times. The dorms are like sterile embassy suites with a loud flush. I would much rather have sterile and spacious then have all of us in one room. I loved that my kids had their own room. There is a small sitting area with a mini fridge and microwave. The bathroom was the only thing that bothered me. I am a little high maintence when it comes to a hotel room. Believe me when I tell you, you are NEVER in your room. When you are, it is so nice that the kids get their own space. My husband loved having high speed in the room. It is like going back to college. Beyond fun. We have signed up for next year.




Great idea if you want to be immersed in the college atmosphere. For eating, head over to Isla Vista, the college town next door, for breakfast and lunch.





My favorites from my college days:





Breakfast: Blue Dolphin for full breakfast, Bagel Cafe (for you guessed it, bagels) or the Cantina for the best breakfast burrito





Lunch: Silvergreens for salads, Cantina for mexican, Sam%26#39;s to Go for sandwiches (favorite spot of ucsb alum and current sports radio star Jim Rome), Woodstock%26#39;s for Pizza.





You defintely have to take an hour and walk the streets of IV, its one of the best college towns in the country (UCSB was just rated #4 party school in the nation by Princeton Review). Walk down Pardall lane where all the businesses are, then head over to DP (Del Playa) to see the most famous street at UCSB. Just imagine living on a house on a cliff overlooking the ocean when you%26#39;re in college! If you want a great walk, keep walking down to the very end of DP, and head along the trail along the beach out to Coal Oil Point, watch the surfers, and head back. Great walk, especially on a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment