Wednesday, April 25, 2012

NYC to LA airfare cost

flying from newark to lax and want to bid on priceline and need suggested fares. thanks



NYC to LA airfare cost


Hello. I%26#39;m originally from NJ and fly back and forth often. Haven%26#39;t used priceline in years though.





Any normal ticket seems to cost between $280 and $320 depending on what airline. So, anything under that would be a savings. My experience with priceline (many years ago) was to go a buck over a set number - for example - they may have a limit not to give away airline tix for $230 or less. So if you want to pay $230 I suggest $231 just in case. Don%26#39;t want to lose out by a buck.





What I always hated about priceline was that if you went to cheap then you couldn%26#39;t just do it again and fly the same dates. So, you almost have to go on the high side of your max. $215 to $230 sounds good.





Good luck!



NYC to LA airfare cost


I%26#39;ve never used Priceline but it seems to me that ewr-lax is a very popular route -- lots of carriers, lot of competition. I can%26#39;t imagine that Priceline is going to offer much of a discount, unless you end up with a red-eye (maybe you don%26#39;t care).





A quick look at Continental.com shows daytime flights (ewr-lax) for September for $247. Is saving $15 worth the uncertainty and inconvenience of ';flying blind'; on Priceline?








I%26#39;m not sure where in LA and when you%26#39;re traveling to LA, but you might consider Long Beach. It is a small airport and much less hassle than LAX. You can fly from JFK-%26gt;Long Beach on Jet Blue, and they are starting service from EWR in October. Check www.jetblue.com for details. They have all leather seats and live TV during the flight, and they%26#39;re prices are very competitive.




Are you serious? Jet Blue will go to Newark starting October? Excellent. I love Long Beach Airport. JFK and Laguardia are way too out of the way for most of Jersey.




thanks...and jet blue out of newark...can%26#39;t wait for fall




CORRECTION: Sorry to get your hopes up, but it doesn%26#39;t look like EWR-%26gt;Long Beach is going to be one of their routes. Yes, JetBlue is starting service from EWR in October, but it looks like it%26#39;s only to their Florida cities.




My boyfriend and I are flying to New York City end of Sept. From LAX to Newark. Our tickets cost $300 r/t.


When I flew a few years ago, I got a good deal @ $244, but a stop over in St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment