Friday, March 30, 2012

First trip to San Francisco

I will be going to San Francisco the first week in April. I will be accompanying my husband on a business trip but I will be alone in San Francisco for two days while he travels nearby. Have never been there before and was wondering if someone could give me some advice on what I should visit. Was looking up tours. Considering going on the GrayLine tour. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Staying in the Radisson Miyako Hotel on Post Street. Anyone have any info on that hotel. Thanks in advance for all your help.





First trip to San Francisco


You%26#39;re outside the Union Square and Fisherman%26#39;s Wharf area, but it%26#39;s a pleasant location and you should get a nice feel for the Japantown /Fillmore neighborhood.



Connected to your hotel is one of the two buildings of the Japantown Center, a property that was built during the 1960s Redevelopment era. Inside there are restaurants, bars, some great little shops that are mom-and-pop operations. Outside you%26#39;ll find more.



The Radisson Miyako is a fine hotel done with a Japanese aesthetic. Some conferences meet in the meeting rooms on the bottom level, which is probably where your husband is headed.



As for tours, we%26#39;d suggest you do a search using that for a keyword. There%26#39;s been some discussion on tours, and there are all kinds, not just Grayline.



For sites to visit, try doing a search for ';One Thing'; that ABUCKEYE posted. There are many ideas. Lastly, I think a couple of people recently have solicited ideas for what to do for two days. There have been some answers that I think will interest you.



First trip to San Francisco


Oops, sorry I remembered incorrectly. No conference, I see.




Thank you BetterthanBings. After posting I researched this site and found a wealth of information from other posters. Thank you for you input. I have one question though. I have decided to go on the San Francisco 5 hour shuttle tour. Want to try to go when my husband would be available but don%26#39;t know when that will be. I see that a lot of posters book online before coming to San Francisco. Could you tell me if I would be able to book this shuttle tour after I arrive and am sure of the day that we both are available or will the tour be ';sold out';. Any info that you might be able to provide would be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment