Wednesday, March 28, 2012

car rental extra driver insurance

What is the justification for car rental companies charging $5 for each additional driver? My insurance company will pay all costs, no matter who is driving (as if it were my personal car, and a friend were driving it), yet the rental company wants to charge this fee. In the past we have paid, but I do want to know if it is necessary. I called AAA, my insurance company and Enterprise, and no one could really give me an answer -- it just seems to be ';company policy'; (and not just with Enterprise). Any answers? (I don%26#39;t want to pay $15 extra each day while on vacation with three friends.)



car rental extra driver insurance


Avis doesn%26#39;t charge for the extra driver.



car rental extra driver insurance


Opps--they might; I just saw the ';three friends'; part of the post. For a husband and wife on the same insurance policy they don%26#39;t charge for an extra driver; I have no idea about other arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment