Saturday, March 24, 2012

Alcatraz for a little kid?

Going to San Francisco with my daughter who is almost 4 years old. I have a couple of questions about the Alcatraz experience:



1) It looks like she doesn%26#39;t need a ticket (only sell tickets for children 5-11. Does this mean she can%26#39;t go, or that she%26#39;s free?



2)Do you have to do the audio tour to get anything out of the tour? My girl is not really the type to watch me with my headphones on for 2 hours. Also, I%26#39;m happy to not expose her to too many details (trying to avoid the,';Mommy, what%26#39;s death row?'; questions.



Thanks



Alcatraz for a little kid?


we took our 8 and 9 year old to Alcatraz and did not use the audio tour. There was enough information for us, I recall signs and a handout with info.The kids definitely had limited attention span for the inside areas. The boat ride, view, and birds were the hilight for kids. It sounds like young children are free, I am sure I saw strollers during our visit (3 years ago). I would think the website www.nps.gov/alcatraz would have info regarding young children.


  • psoriasis treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment