Saturday, March 24, 2012

Segway Tour of SF

This is my first post on the SF forum. My hubby and I are going to SF for our one year anniversary. It will be my first time on the west coast, and his third time in SF. We%26#39;re planning on doing a segway tour, because it seems like a fun way to see the city. Has anyone done this? I just wanted some personal opinions of the tour. Thanks!



Segway Tour of SF


I have not ridden them, but,



There are 2 reviews at this site:



tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60713-d57鈥?/a>



Also, enter segway in the search box for this SF forum. There have been several posts that may help you.



I have seen them. To me they seem a bit dull. Don%26#39;t have the expectation that you are going to see all the sights, like you would on a tour bus, or even the go cars. Segways are restricted from most streets and sidewalks in SF. They pretty much follow the bay shore. Don%26#39;t expect Chinatown, Union Square, Coit Tower, GG Bridge, etc. They are fine for the unique experience, perhaps, but not as a way to explore the city.You can see more on foot or with a bike rental.



Segway Tour of SF


We have booked the segway tour for our SF trip in March and I%26#39;ll post about it when we get back. You didn%26#39;t say when you are going but hopefully after that so you can hear how it went for us! We%26#39;ve taken the segway tours in Paris and New Orleans and loved them so we%26#39;re looking forward to doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment